Banish rough, dry and bumpy skin from the neck down.
Gently exfoliates dry, rough and bumpy acne-prone skin leaving it hydrated, smooth and soft.
Skin Type: Normal, Dry, Combination, and Oily
Skincare Concerns: Breakouts , Anti-Aging , Keratosis Pilaris
- Leaves skin softer and smoother
- Removes built-up dead skin cells
- Reduces red bumps
- Salicylic Acid/BHA: Primarily an exfoliant, helps to shed dead skin on the surface and inside the pore, therefore effective for reducing breakouts and blackheads. It also has soothing properties.
- Antioxidants: Help to protect skin against harmful free radicals, among others caused by sun light and pollution. They have anti-ageing properties and calm skin.
- Chamomile Flower Extract: Derived from plant species Matricaria recutita, has moderate antioxidant and potent skin-soothing activities.
Ingredient Callouts: This product is cruelty-free.
What Else You Need to Know: This moisturising, silky body spot exfoliant contains salicylic acid (BHA) which works to gently exfoliate dry, rough skin, for example on the back or shoulders (bacne). It leaves skin hydrated, smooth and soft. BHA also helps improve the appearance of hard clogged pores on arms and legs. With continued use skin is left smoother, younger-looking and more radiant.
- Dispense a small amount into the palm of your hand and apply to clean skin.
- May be used daily for all-over smoothing and exfoliation, or applied to blemished or rough, bumpy areas of the skin as needed.
- For daytime use, be sure to follow with a Paula's Choice sunscreen.
How does the 2% BHA Body Spot Exfoliant differ from the other Paula's Choice 2% BHA products?
The primary difference is with the base formula and the pH level. Our 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant and 2% BHA Lotion Exfoliant contain the same percentage of salicylic acid, but their pH levels are slightly higher. Because facial skin is generally more sensitive than body skin, Paula opted to formulate the Spot Exfoliant with 2% BHA at a lower pH level than our other 2% BHA products. This not only increases salicylic acid's ability to exfoliate, but makes this product especially beneficial for use on areas of rough, thickened skin such as elbows, knees, and heels. The lotion base of 2% BHA Body Spot Exfoliant is significantly less emollient than our 2% BHA Lotion and entirely different from our 2% BHA Liquid and 2% BHA Gel.
Can I use the 2% BHA Body Spot Exfoliant on my face?
Although the formula has been developed for the skin on your body, it is possible to also use it on your face. In fact, some skin types may prefer the texture of the 2% BHA Body Spot Exfoliant for facial use.
- SALICYLIC ACID/BHA: Primarily an exfoliant, helps to shed dead skin on the surface and inside the pore, therefore effective for reducing breakouts and blackheads. It also has soothing properties.
- ANTIOXIDANTS: Help to protect skin against harmful free radicals, among others caused by sun light and pollution. They have anti-ageing properties and calm skin.
- CHAMOMILE FLOWER EXTRACT: Derived from plant species Matricaria recutita, has moderate antioxidant and potent skin-soothing activities.
Aqua, Butylene Glycol (hydration), Cetyl Alcohol (texture-enhancing), PPG-14 Butyl Ether (texture-enhancing), Salicylic Acid (Beta Hydroxy Acid, exfoliant), Dimethicone (hydration), Tocopheryl Acetate (vitamin E/antioxidant), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract (skin-soothing), Epilobium Angustifolium (Willow Herb) Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract (skin-soothing), Camellia Oleifera (Green Tea) Leaf Extract (skin-soothing), Cucumis Melo (Melon) Fruit Extract (antioxidant), Bisabolol (skin-soothing), Allantoin (skin-soothing), Cyclopentasiloxane (hydration), Cyclohexasiloxane (hydration), Dimethiconol (hydration/texture-enhancing), PEG-40 Stearate (texture-enhancing), Sorbitan Stearate (texture-enhancing), Polysorbate 20 (texture-enhancing), PVM/MA Decadiene Crosspolymer (texture-enhancing), Polyacrylamide (texture-enhancing), C13-14 Isoparaffin (texture-enhancing), Laureth-7 (texture-enhancing), Disodium EDTA (stabilizer), Sodium Hydroxide (pH adjuster), Hexylene Glycol (hydration/texture-enhancing), Caprylyl Glycol (preservative), Ethylhexylglycerin (preservative), Phenoxyethanol (preservative).